Sunday, October 23, 2011

Embroidery 101 Quilt top

I choose to sew the quilt top from the  Quilt Along that I participated at Clover & Violet for the Friday Night Sew-In.  As a beginner and my first experience to sew a quilt, I find it very difficult , especially when there are few of my blocks are not in the same size.  


 Earlier  I choose to follow the design recommended by Janelle by adding a 2 " sashing with a small square....I did that, but it did not turn out right.  From the picture below you can see clearly that the sashing is not in line with the block...not satisfied with the result, I ripped open and stiched the sashing without the small square.


And the result ... my first quilt top!! 



And below is how it looks on my queen size bed...




Happy Sewing!!!

11 comments:

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

It looks great! Good for you for taking out the seam you're not pleased with and putting it in again! So glad you participated!

hafza said...

Thanks Jennie...can't wait to join your next quilt along!! Take care!!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job. And a very pretty finish for FNSI.

Cherise said...

Your first quilt looks great! You did a good job! Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Your first quilt top looks great! :)

You did a wonderful job.

BTW, I'm over from FNS.

Wendy said...

Wow, that is fantastic, I can't believe it's your first quilt!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

It looks wonderful! A very productive FNSI!

Jenelle said...

This is so pretty! I think you made the right choice in taking out those blocks. The pure white sashing looks beautiful. :) Congrats!

hafza said...

Thanks everyone... I still need to learn a lot on quilting!!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I can't believe that is your first quilt! I looks great. :o) Just popping in from the FNSI link page. Nice to *meet* you. Gonna follow along with you. :o)
xo
Kelli

Sharifah Norizan Syed A Kadir said...

superb queen size quilt dear :) love the colorcombination

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails