Thursday, June 23, 2011

Quilt Block for Japan

 Last night I've been working on the above block for
Partnership Quilt for 2012 Tokyo Quilt Festival.
Ayumi from Pink Penguin posted about this project in her blog. 
Since I'm not an expert in quilting, in fact never even sew any,
this consider my first block for the size 9" x  9"
My plan was to sew the below pattern which I draw it
 in a piece of paper before I start cutting the fabric. 
 Half way through it, I am lost since I don't have the slightest idea on
 how to cut and  sew the centre...
At the end, my  block turn out to look like this.
Even though not the same as the pattern,
at least it still carry the theme - triangles and squares.

 For those who wish to participate in this project...
you may click HERE for the details.

Wish you all Happy Sewing!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very sweet of you to be involved with a block for Japan! I think it's great!

I don't do quilting, but it's something I have always wanted to try...any suggestions for a beginner?

Love the blog! Can't wait to see more!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your block and think that it's very sweet of you to be involved in A Block for Japan! Sounds fantastic!

I have always wanted to try quilting...any suggestions for a newbie?

Love the blog....can't wait to see more :)

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Oops...I think I commented twice...sorry about that :)

hafza said...

Hi Melissa! thanks for stopping by... Quilting ...I'm a beginner too, I'm learning currently by following blogs on quilting... like - quiltingintherain.blogspot.com/ and chasingcottons.blogspot.com who teach an online Quilt Class.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails